When creating announcements, you can embed video links into messages. Embedding a video link is a useful tool to help convey a message or to share videos that are important for a team member to see.
There are two ways you can go about embedding a video into an announcement. You can either add the video to a new announcement or add the video to an announcement that is published or unpublished. To edit an announcement, view the “Editing an Announcement” article and to create a new announcement view the “Adding and Publishing an Announcement” article.
To embed a video into an announcement:
- Click “Announcements” under the Management menu.
- Click into the unpublished announcement you would like to embed the video in.
- Click the green “Edit Content” button.
You will be taken to the announcement’s editor page. Here you will be able to add text, hyperlinks, images, and embedded videos to your announcement.
- Click the video icon. A pop-up will appear asking for the video URL.
To get a URL for your video, please use one of the following platforms (links for how to upload videos to these platforms are also provided):
- YouTube –https://youtu.be/6C4dEpT0rYg
- Vimeo - https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229838988-Preparing-to-upload
- Vidyard –https://knowledge.vidyard.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009869234-Upload-a-new-video-from-your-computer
- Once you have the video URL, enter it into the “Insert Video” pop-up message on Woven
- Click the green “Insert Video” button. The video has now been added to the announcement.
- When you have finished adding the content to your announcement, click the “X” button in the upper right-hand corner to leave the content editor page.
When you are ready, you can publish the announcement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.