In Woven, you have the ability to update a supply inventories ordering values (par levels, mins, maxes, etc.). Depending on your location size, you might want to change the default supply settings to reflect the needs of that location. To easily do that, you can change all the supplies at once by designating a supply tier for that location’s inventory.
PRO TIP: “Supply Tiers” can be named to fit your organization’s needs. Most companies that use “Supply Tiers” name their tiers Small, Medium, and Large depending on the quantity of supplies a location may need to order each week or month. Please see an example of this naming method below.
All of the supplies in your supply inventories are set to the default ordering values that were assigned to them when the supplies were created. By applying a supply tier to an inventory, you can change all supplies' default values at once. Switch to a Large Tier to increase your inventory, or switch to a Small Tier to decrease the order values.
To add a supply tier to an inventory, you will first need to create the supply tier:
- Click Supplies under the Management Menu.
- Click “Settings” in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on the “Tiers” tab in Supply Settings.
- Click “+Add Tier.”
- Name the supply tier and click the green "Add Supply Tier" button.
PRO TIP: Woven recommends naming your supply tiers by size (i.e., Small, Medium, and Large).
Once you have created and named your supply tiers, you will then want to add the tier configurations to your supply items:
- Click on the “Supplies” tab in Supply Settings.
- Click into a supply item.
- Scroll down to the section “Tier Configuration for Ordering.”
- Configure the ordering values (par levels, mins, maxes, etc.) for each supply tier.
Once your supply tiers have been configured for all of your supply items, you can assign the supply tiers to your inventory at each location.
- Click on the “Inventory” tab in Supply Settings.
- Click into the “Supply Tier” drop-down list.
- Select the supply tier that best represents how this inventory orders.
Once a supply tier has been added to a location inventory, the ordering values for the supply items in that inventory (par levels, mins, maxes, etc.) will be updated to the new tier’s ordering values.