To submit an incident:
1. Click “Incidents” from the MANAGEMENT menu.
2. Click the green “Add Incident” option to open a pop-up window.
3. In the pop-up window, choose:
- The location where the incident took place
- The type of claimant
- If the incident is related to a customer (e.g., a customer tripped at the location), choose “Customer”
- If the incident is related to a team member (e.g., an employee injured themselves while carrying out a work-related task), choose “Team Member”
- If this incident impacted property and not a person (e.g., a tree fell on the building), choose “Property”
- If none of the above applies to the incident, choose “Other”
- Click the green “Continue” button to navigate to the incident form.
4. If you chose “Team Member” as the Claimant Type, choose the impacted team member from the drop-down menu and click the green “Continue” button.
5. Now on the “New Incident” form, there are four areas where you can answer questions and input the details about the incident (see this article for information on the form’s fields):
- General Information – answer general questions regarding the incident
- Witnesses – click the green “+ Add Witness” option for each witness present during the incident and fill in each witness’s name, contact information, and home address
- Claimant Information – answer additional questions specific to your selected claimant type (Customer, Team Member, Property, or Other)
- Supporting Documents – upload relevant files (documents, images, etc.) pertaining to the incident
PRO TIP: When an incident is marked as private, only the users who have both the “Incident Management - Private Access” permission and a position that is targeted to receive a “New Incident” email will receive the PDF report. Users who only have the “Incident Management - Private Access” permission may view the incident in Woven.
6. After completing all required fields, click the green “Add Incident” button to navigate to the page where, with appropriate permissions assigned, you can further manage that incident (e.g., update the “Back Office Information” section, change the incident’s status). Learn more about this page by reading the Ongoing Management of an Incident article. Woven will automatically notify the manager of the location that an incident occurred, and they will receive the incident’s report.
PRO TIP: If the “Add Incident” button doesn’t appear to work, it’s likely because you haven’t completed all required fields. Review what you’ve entered to address any missing fields.