Sometimes, it’s necessary to track the usage of assets (e.g., the number of hours a tanning bed has operated, the number of miles logged on a treadmill) which you can do on the “Metered Usage” tab of the Assets feature. Adding usage readings is a great way to track the usage and wear of an asset.
To add a metered usage reading for a group of assets:
- Click “Assets” under the Maintenance menu.
- Click the “Metered Usage” tab
- Select the location of the assets you would like to add a usage reading for.
- Select the category that the assets fall under.
The assets that have the identified category and are at the selected location now appear on the “Metered Usage” tab.
The column on the far right is named for the unit of measure for cataloging the usage of the identified assets (e.g., the column will be named “Hours,” “Miles,” etc.). Underneath, you will see a text box for each asset that you can click into to add the metered usage reading.
- Enter the usage reading for the assets.
- Click the “Save [Unit of Measure] Reading(s).”
Once you have saved the usage reading, all the assets will have that metered usage saved and stored on their individual asset pages.
PRO TIP: It is recommended to set a schedule for adding a metered usage (e.g. weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly).
Please sign in to leave a comment.