Instead of adding your assets into Woven one by one, you can add them in bulk by importing them via the “Import Assets” tab. To do this, you’ll need to create a CSV spreadsheet for each location that lists that location’s assets then upload it.
Update Settings Prior to Importing
Before importing, you must update Assets Settings. Learn more about updating Assets Settings. If you have already done this, review your settings as this will help you create your import file.
PRO TIP: For a quick review, select “Assets” under the Maintenance menu then select the “Import Assets” tab. Click the “Export Settings Data” button to download a spreadsheet that lists all possible combinations of asset values that Woven will accept.
Click the Exports dropdown button and select Import Assets. The Import Assets menu will appear.
From the Prepare step, users can view an export of their existing Asset data by clicking the Get Settings Data button. Otherwise, begin by clicking the Get Import Template button to download a .csv file including the expected header rows. Do not delete, edit, or move these header row values.
Available fields for populating Asset details include...
- Asset Tag Number
- Serial Number
- Console Serial Number
- Date Purchased
- Date Installed
- Purchase price
- Purchase Invoice Number
- Purchased From
- Additional ID
- Room number
Let’s look a little closer at the column headings of your spreadsheet:
- The first column heading is named, “Type,” and there are four possible entries for it:
- Equipment (e.g., treadmills, chest presses, tanning beds, massage chairs)
- Facility (e.g., automatic doors, exterior signs, beverage coolers)
- Mechanical (e.g., water heaters, HVACs)
- Vehicle (e.g., maintenance trucks, promotional vans)
- The next five columns (Category, Sub-Category, Manufacturer, Model, and Style) are dictated by how you’ve set up your Asset Settings. Refer to the exported settings spreadsheet for guidance on which combinations of asset values that Woven will accept.
- The remaining columns (Asset Tag Number, Serial Number, Date Purchased, Date Installed, Purchase Price, Purchase Invoice Number, Purchased From, Additional ID, Room Number, and Notes) are specific to individual assets. For instance, a specific massage chair will likely have its own asset tag number, serial number, and the dates it was purchased and installed.
A few important notes about the columns:
- The below columns are required, so each asset must have an accepted value under these columns:
- Asset Tag Number
- The “Asset Tag Number” column has one requirement that differs from the rest of the columns. Each asset tag number must be UNIQUE. In other words, you cannot have two assets at the same location sharing the same asset tag number.
When you have entered your asset data in the appropriate columns and saved, click the Start New Asset Import button to proceed.
From the Upload step, drag and drop or click Browse to upload your bulk asset .csv file. From the Import Location dropdown, select the location you would like to add the assets to. If you would like to ensure warranty information is tied to the Asset, select Yes under “Add warranties from templates matching to the manufacturers.” (This is enabled by default) Click the Validate File button to proceed.
You will see a progress screen as Woven checks your file for proper formatting and if successful, the File Validation screen will display a File Validation Succeeded message and the number of assets from your file. If unsuccessful, Woven will display the rows of the file that are causing the error, allowing you to easily adjust your file and return to the upload step. When you are ready, click the Import Assets button to add your assets to the desired location.
After you have successfully imported your assets, you will see options for adding more assets or returning to the Assets screen. Congratulations on your first asset import!
As always, contact Woven Support at firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues, and thanks for checking out our Import Assets tool.