“Knowledge Elements” comprise the pieces of knowledge, or blocks of information, you will weave together to build a course. These pieces can consist of text, videos, or images.
- Adding a Knowledge Element
- Adding a Content Page
- Content Elements
- Adding Text
- Adding an Image
- Adding Video – Video, iFrame, Link to Video
- History – View Past Versions
Adding a Knowledge Element
1. To get started, go to the left navigation bar and under “Learning” select “Knowledge Elements.”
2. Click +Add Knowledge Element.
3. In the pop window, add a “Title” and click “Save & Continue.” You will have the opportunity to change the title later if you need to.
4. Under “Details,” you may edit the “Title,” as well as add a “Description” and Tags.”
Adding a Content Page
1. Click +Add Content Page to begin building your “Knowledge Element” content.
2. In the pop-up window, enter the “Name.” Select “Yes” under “Require Acknowledgement to Complete” if you want your team members to click a checkbox acknowledging that they’ve completed the content before moving to the next item. Click +Add New Content Page at the bottom.
3. The next screen shows the “Content Editor.”
There are three parts to the content editor: “Content,” “Layout,” and “Style.” You will drag and drop the content blocks shown under these categories over to “Drag Content, Layout, & Style Here.” Make sure you are in Edit, not Preview mode, shown at the top right of the screen, and make sure the “Content & Layout” panel on the right is open.
PRO TIP: Woven automatically saves your content as you work.
There are 4 types of content: Text, Image, Video, and iFrame. Whichever one you are using, you will start by dragging a content block to the “Drag Content Here” box and then closing the “Content & Layout” panel.
1. Drag the “Text” block from the “Content & Layout” panel and drop it into the “Drag Content Here” box.
2. Type directly in the “Text” box or cut and paste text from other documents. Use the editing tools at the top of the “Text” box to format your text or insert links.
Adding an Image
1. Drag the “Image” block from the “Content & Layout” panel and drop it into the “Drag Content Here”box.
2. In the newly created “Image” box, select “Browse” or the “Edit” icon at the top right.
3. In the right pull-out window, you can search for and select a file in “File Library,” or you can upload a file from your desktop.
4. Click the green “Select File” button to add the image.
Pro Tip: Files you upload into the “Content Editor” are automatically saved in “File Library.”
Adding Video – Video, iFrame, Link to Video
1. Drag the “Video” block from the right “Content & Layout” panel and drop it into the “Drag Content Here” box.
2. In the newly created “Video” block select “Browse” or the “Edit” icon at the top right.
3. In the right pull-out window, search for and select a file in your “File Library” or upload a video file from your desktop.
1. Drag the iFrame block from the “Content & Layout” panel and drop it into the “Drag Content Here” block. Click “Add URL.”
2. In the pop-up window, add the URL and the height of the iFrame.
Add Link to Text Box
Add a new “Text” block or use an existing one. Click the insert hyperlink button in the top panel, and in the pop-up window, add the URL.
ProTip – Preview a “Content Page" by clicking Preview at the top right.
1. If you’d like to divide your content into columns, select a2- or 3-column block from the “Content & Layout” panel and drag it into the “Drag Content, Layout & Style Here” box. Close the side panel.
2. You can add existing content to a column by hovering over the left corner bars of a“Content Box”and dragging it into a column. You can also open the “Content & Layout” panel and drag and drop new “Content Blocks” into your columns.
Add visual dividers to separate your content by dragging and dropping a “Line Break,” which adds white space, or a “Horizontal Line” into the “Drag Content, Layout, and Style Here” box.
Finalizing the Content Page
1. Rearrange content elements in the “Content Editor” by clicking the left corner button of a block and dragging and dropping.
2. Preview the “Content Page” by clicking the eye icon at the top.
3. Click the “X” at the top right to close and return to the main “Knowledge Element” page.
Organizing Content Pages
1. Continue to add as many “Content Pages” as you need by clicking “Add Content Page.”
2. Rearrange “Content Pages” by hovering over the left corner bars of a “Content Page” and dragging and dropping.
3. Click the “Edit” button to return to a page to make changes.
4. Select “Edit” and in the drop-down, click “Preview” to see what a page looks like from a Team Member’s perspective.
Drafts, Publishing, and Versions
1. Woven automatically saves the “Knowledge Element” you’re working on as “Draft – V1.”
2. When you have finished the “Knowledge Element,” click the “Publish” button at the top right. Publishing it will allow you to use the “Knowledge Element” in a “Course.”
3. The “Knowledge Element” will now be saved as “Published – V1.” If you need to make changes to the “Knowledge Element,” click the “Edit” button.
4. In the pull-out window, you have two choices:
- Make a minor update to this version - Recommended if you need to make minor edits, like correcting spelling or grammar in a “Course” that your team members are currently taking. The course will remain as “Published – V1.”
- Create new version- This means that the “Knowledge Element” will not be published any longer, so it will not appear in a “Course.” The new version will be called “Draft – V2.”
As you make changes to the “Knowledge Element” by editing and republishing, the version number will get higher accordingly:
- Draft V1 – Published V1
- Draft V2 – Published V2
- Draft V3 – Published V3
Knowledge Element Management
When you open a Knowledge Element, you will notice three tabs next to the “General” tab: “History,” “References,” “Attachments.”
History – View Past Versions
Open the “History” tab to see a list of all the versions of the current “Knowledge Element.” Click a version “Name” to preview it.
References – View Courses that Use a Knowledge Element
Select “References.” You will see all the “Courses” and “Course Plans” that the “Knowledge Element” you currently have open is used in. Click on a course for more details.
Attachments – Add an Attachment to a Knowledge Element
1. If you want to add a document to supplement a “Knowledge Element, open the “Attachments” tab. Note that you can only add an attachment to a “Draft,” not a published “Knowledge Element.” Select “Click to Attach File from File Library.”
2. In the right pull-out window, “Search” or “Filter” for a file in your “File Library” or click “Upload New” and “Add New File.” Click the green “Select File” button at the bottom.
3. You will now see the selected file in the list of “Attachments.”
4. When you publish the “Knowledge Element,” Team Members will see the “Attachment” in their “Course.”
Knowledge Element Settings - Tags
1. Go to “Learning” > “Knowledge Elements” and select “Settings” at the top.
2. You will see a list of all your “Tags.” Click “+Add Tag” or “Bulk Add” to add new tags.