The Learning Management System allows you to enroll individual Team Members or a group of Team Members into a Course or Course Plan, track which Team Members have taken courses, and set automatic enrollment and re-enrollment triggers.
- Adding an Enrollment
- Enrollment Settings
- Enrollment Triggers
- Manual Enrollment
- Re-enrollment Rules
- Enroll an Individual in a Course
Adding an Enrollment
1. Select “Enrollments” from the “LEARNING” menu. Then click the green “+Add Enrollment Template” option.
2. In the pop-up window, add a “Title” and select “Add Enrollment.” You will have the opportunity to change the title later if you need to.
3. In the next screen under “Details” you may change the title as well as add a “Description” and “Tag(s).”
4. Next, go to the “Enroll in” section and select the green “+Add Learning Experience” option.
5. In the pull-out window, you can search or scroll to select the Course(s) or Course Plan in which you want to enroll your Team Member(s). You can search for the Course and filter by “Type” to find what you are looking for. When you are finished, click “Submit.”
Now that you’ve created an Enrollment Template, you will want to designate who should take the Course or Course Plan, when they should take it, and under what circumstances.
Targets – Who should be enrolled?
1. Search and filter for the Locations and/or Positions you want to target in the “Locations Targeted” and “Positions Targeted” fields. Select “Specific” targets or select “All.” You can use the “Search” box or “Filters” to help you find what you are looking for.
2. When you have selected your Locations and Positions, select “Enable” at the top rightto make the Enrollment live. Team Members will receive an email with a link to the Course or Course Plan you’ve enrolled them in. They can also find the Course or Course Plan under the “Learning”section of the “Knowledge Center.”
Sometimes there are instances when a SINGLE EVENT occurs, and you want to ensure that enrollment happens automatically. You can use “Triggers” to do this when:
- Theres’s a New Hire and you want to make sure the new Team Member becomes a target of the enrollment.Note that with a new hire, you can set the number of days after hiring that enrollment should occur.
- A Team Member has a Position Change, and you want to make sure they become a target of the enrollment.
- A Team Member has a Location Change, and you want to ensure that they become a target of the enrollment.
Activate these triggers by selecting the “Enable” button.
Enable to trigger if you may want a Team Member to retake a course after a certain number of days. Set the number of days after completion that the team member should be reenrolled. This is useful for recertification, compliance, etc.
Pro Tip – Woven tracks who is newly hired and who has changed positions and/or locations when you make those changes in “Team Members” under the “MANAGEMENT” menu.
Use this if you’ve made changes to an enabled Enrollment Template to ensure that any additional Team Members who weren’t part of the original enrollment get added. For example, maybe you need to add a new Position or Location. Once you’ve done that, you click “Manually Enroll” so that the new people are immediately enrolled, while your original trigger settings stay the same.
The Manual Enrollment trigger will not show until you have enabled the enrollment.
There may be circumstances in which a team member has completed an enrollment, but you would like to trigger an automatic re-enrollment. You can do this by selecting under what circumstances they should be re-enrolled:
- Never – Select if, upon completion, the Team Member will not be reenrolled.
- After Completion – Select if, upon completion, the Team Member should be reenrolled and required to retake the course again after a certain number of days. Enter the number of the days in the box below it.
- Higher Version– When a new version of the Course is published, the Team Members will be reenrolled This will also trigger an alert to the Team Member and the Manager.
- Always Reenroll– Upon completion, the Team Member will automatically be reenrolled and required to retake the course.
Enroll an Individual in a Course
There might be an instance when you want to add one person to a Course.
1. Select “Courses” from the “LEARNING” menu and select the name of the Course.
2. Click the Enrollment tab and select “+Enroll Team Member.”
3. In the pull-out menu, select the name of the Team Member you want to enroll (use the Search function, filter by location or position, or scroll through the list to find)and click “Enroll.”
What happens to courses once taken?
- In the Enrollment Template you can manually enroll users in the template to require users to retake the course.
What happens if I make a lot of changes to a course and need Learners to retake it?
- In the enrollment template you can manually enroll users in the template to require them to retake the course.
What if a Learner has a course in progress and I make changes to the course?
- The more current version will be saved in their Learning upon completion. You could ask them to review the changes upon completion, or you can change the re-enrollment rules to “Always Reenroll” if you make changes regularly and need them to retake the course.