The “Course Plan” feature of Woven’s LMS allows you to combine a series of Courses to enroll your Team Members in and set “Prerequisites” so that one Course must be completed before moving to the next in the series.
- Adding a Course Plan
- Building a Course Plan
- Organizing & Deleting a Course from a Course Plan
- Setting Prerequisites
- Publishing, Drafts, and Versions
- Course Plan Tabs
- History Tab
- Enrollments Tab
- Course Plan Settings - Tags
Adding a Course Plan
1. Select “Course Plans” from the “LEARNING” menu. Then click the green “+Add Course Plan” option.
2. In the pop-up window add a “Title” (required) and “Description” (optional). You will have the opportunity to change these later if you need to. Then select the “Add Course Plan” button.
3. In the next screen, under “Details,” you may edit the title and description and add “Tags.”
Building a Course Plan
1. In the “Learning Materials” section, select “+Add Learning Materials” to add a Course.
2. In the pull-out window, search for a Course or scroll through your list of Courses and select what you need. When you have made your selections, click the “Submit” button.
You must publish a Course to add it to a Course Plan. If you don’t see the Course you are looking for, it is likely you haven’t published it yet.
Organizing & Deleting a Course from a Course Plan
1. You can rearrange the order of Courses by hovering over the gray lines on the left and dragging and dropping them.
2. You can take out a Course from your Course Plan by clicking on it and, in the pull-out window, selecting “Advanced Options” and clicking the “Delete” button.
You can require that certain Courses be completed before moving to the next Course.
1. First, make sure you have organized your Courses as described above, putting them in the order that you want them to be completed.
2. Now click on the second Course in the plan. In the pull-out menu, select the name of Course that must be completed before moving to the second Course.
Go through each Course in the Plan and continue to set prerequisites by clicking the “Prerequisites” boxes. Courses will be “Locked” and unavailable for a Team Member to take until prerequisites are completed.
Pro Tip - Hover over any of the “Cs” in the prerequisite Courses and a display will show the names of the Courses that are prerequisites.
Publishing, Drafts, and Versions
Woven automatically saves the Course Plan you are working on as “Draft – V1.” When you are finished setting up a plan, select “Publish” in the top right corner. It will be saved as “Published – V1.”
You cannot edit a published Course Plan. If you need to make changes, click “New Version.” The new version will be called “Draft – V2.” When you publish it, it will be called “Published – V2.”
Course Plan Tabs
When you open a Course Plan, you will notice two tabs next to the “General” tab: “History” and “Enrollments” (not shown in “Draft – V1” view).
Open the “History” tab to see a list of all the versions of the Course Plan that have been created.
Once you have published a Course Plan, you will see the Enrollments Tab. By clicking “+Enroll Team Member,” you can manually enroll an individual in a Course Plan.
Course Plan Settings - Tags
1. Go to “Learning” > “Courses Plans” and select “Settings” at the top.
2. You will see a list of all your “Tags.” Click “+Add Tag” or “Bulk Add” to add new tags.
3. When you click “+Add Tag,” the new tag will appear as “New Tag” in the list. Click in the “New Tag” field to add the new tag name.